Water conservation tips
- Check toilets for leaks by putting food coloring in the toilet tank. If without flushing, the color appears in the bowl, the toilet is leaking. Repair any toilet leaks immediately.
- Don’t use the toilet as a wastebasket.
- Take shorter showers.
- Take baths in a partially filled tub.
- Replace older water fixtures with newer water saving fixtures.
- Don’t let the water run while brushing teeth, shaving and washing dishes.
- Run dishwashers and washing machines only with full loads.
- Don’t rinse dishes in the sink prior to running the dishwasher.
- Check all faucets and pipes for leaks and repair immediately.
- Keep a container of drinking water in the refrigerator to avoid running the tap and waiting for it to cool.
- Install a toilet dam in your toilet tank to use less water per flush.
- Use a broom instead of a hose to clean driveways, sidewalks, and gutters.
- When washing vehicles, use a bucket of soapy water and use the hose only for rinsing.