SOUTH NORWALK ELECTRIC AND WATER
South Norwalk Electric and Water (SNEW) is a municipal electric and water utility owned and operated by the Second Taxing District, Norwalk, Connecticut. SNEW serves some 9,000 customers with water in the greater Norwalk area and approximately 6,500 customers with electricity in South Norwalk. The District also maintains parks and other public spaces in the South Norwalk community. SNEW is a utility and is currently accepting applications for the following position:
The Metering Supervisor position is responsible for the operation of the Meter Department including reading, testing, repair and maintenance of electric and water meters and the supervision of the Meter Technicians and Meter Reader. The person will conduct energy audits for customers including analyzing energy consumption and concerns and recommend efficient energy utilization; and is responsible for special metering projects; communicates with commercial accounts in calculating pulse values and the installation of load management devises and programming and software development and management for electric and water meters.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
1. High school diploma, plus a Bachelor’s degree (B.A. / B. S.) from an accredited institution and five years electric metering-related experience and/or conservation and load management experience.
2. Considerable supervisory experience in metering services.
3. Knowledge of various types of electric instruments and associated equipment used by a Meter Department.
4. Working knowledge of single and three (3) phase electric meters and circuits, CTs and VTs and related wiring.
5. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, or similar products and an understanding of computerized metering networks.
6. Maintains a current, valid state of Connecticut Class Two Driver’s License.
JOB SPECIFICATIONS – ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Performs all the duties and responsibilities of the Meter Technician and Meter Reader positions and the following as required.
2. Is responsible for the duties performed by the Meter Technician and Meter Reader.
3. Performs energy audits for customers and provides advice to customers with respect to efficient energy utilization.
4. Manages the department’s conservation and load management programs.
5. Works with the Customer Care Department to resolve customer billing problems.
6. Maintains and improves the SNEW’s Revenue Protection Program.
7. Reconnects and disconnects services at the meter area when necessary.
8. Analyzes customer water and energy consumption and handles customer concerns.
9. Coordinates, implements and maintains meter testing program as required by law or company policy including maintaining accurate records for testing, inventory and reporting.
10. Investigates customer billing problems or complaints, including meter testing. Performs and assists in the coordination of energy and water audits in accordance with company policy under the direction of the Director of Customer Care
11. Responds to non-working hours meter related trouble calls or emergencies as requested.
12. An Emergency Work Requirement and On-Call Duty, when assigned.
13. Assists in the development and completion of customer metering drawings including any field verification as required.
14. Is responsible for the review, correction and transfer of meter readings to billing system software.
15. Provide data and information relating from the Customer Care Department to the Operation Departments, as requested.
16. Maintains an adequate inventory of meters and auxiliary equipment and accounts for and reports accurate inventory totals, as required.
17. Investigates and recommends new metering equipment/technologies as appropriate.
18. Performs any and all other meter related activities or projects as the Director of Customer Care and/or General Manager deems necessary.
19. Handles all contact with customers and the public in a respectful and courteous manner.
20. Is responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the Meter Department under the direction of the Director of Customer Care and/or the General Manager.
21. Performs any other duties assigned by the Director of Customer Care and/or the General Manager, including working in another department and under a different job description, if required and qualified.
22. Represents the Department on utility trade association committees and meetings.
23. Travels nationwide to attend educational seminars as directed by the Director of Customer Care and/or the General Manager.
1. Supervises the Meter Technicians and Meter Readers on all duties and monitors
that all responsibilities are carried out in a safe and efficient manner.
2. Is responsible for training employees, planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance of subordinates, recommending disciplinary action as necessary, addressing complaints of subordinates and resolving subordinate problems.
SNEW offers a competitive salary plus a comprehensive benefit package. An application is available at South Norwalk Electric and Water, One State Street, Norwalk, CT 06854 or on the Employee Application link on our website at www.snew.org. Please email all applications to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications must be submitted by December 12, 2019 for consideration. EOE
- December 11, 2019