Construction & Water Utility Worker
South Norwalk Electric & Water (SNEW) is seeking Construction & Water Utility Worker personnel for multiple positions (Maintainer 1 & 2).
Duties of Maintainer 1 & 2s:
- Operate a variety of heavy equipment such as backhoes, front-end loader, cranes, excavators, pumps, generators, and pneumatic tools.
- Uses equipment for excavations for water utility valve replacement, pipeline installation, leak repair, water taps, and other miscellaneous excavations.
- Installs trench boxes, mechanical shoring systems, and other support systems for the safety of excavations.
- Performs maintenance and repair of vehicles and equipment as needed.
- Performs maintenance on water pumps, tanks, generators, hydrants, and other water distribution system and water filtration plant facilities.
- Works after-hours as needed to respond to emergencies.
- High School diploma.
- Valid Connecticut Commercial Driver’s License (CDL), Class B (without restrictions E, G, or, R) within one year of employment (required upon hire for Maintainer 2).
- Knowledge of the methods and techniques used in the maintenance and safe operation of a wide variety of heavy and/or specialized maintenance and construction equipment and vehicles.
- Experience in urban utility – particularly water – excavation, construction, and installation.
SNEW offers a competitive salary plus a comprehensive benefit package including participation in the CMERS pension program. Applications can be found on our website at https://www.snew.org/jobs-rfp/careers/. Please email all applications to email@example.com. Applications must be submitted by October 22, 2021 for consideration. EOE
- Water Maintenance and Construction
- October 22, 2021