CUSTOMER SERVICE AND BILLING SUPERVISOR
The Customer Service and Billing Supervisor oversees and coordinates activities of Customer Service Representatives, Collection Specialist and functions of the Customer Care Department. Additionally, the role is responsible for routine and complex analysis of meter reads, exception reports, pre-bills and final bills to ensure the accurate and timely delivery of all monthly and quarterly bills to customers. The Customer Service and Billing Supervisor processes and performs all customer service related responsibilities for the electric and water utility, including responding to difficult customer complaints and questions, as directed by the Director of Customer Care.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.) and a minimum of two years supervisory experience and/or training, or;
- Associates degree and five (5) years’ experience, or;
- Ten (10) years’ experience in customer service related position
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent problem solving and math skills
- Skilled MS Excel user
- Prior utility experience a plus
- Bilingual Spanish speaker a plus
- Knowledge of or ability to learn computerized customer accounting system.
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations and analysis with regards to customer accounts and consumption.
- Ability to answer the telephone in an informed and professional manner.
- Ability to remain calm and professional when dealing with difficult customers.
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
- Ability to handle and collect money with integrity including operation of cash register.
- Ability to work with hardship customers sensitively.
- Ability and mental stamina to follow up on all aspects of the position.
- Ability and mental stamina to relate and interface well with coworkers, customers, financial institutions, vendors and attorneys.
- Ability to supervise and coach Customer Service support staff, including performance management, work flow and disciplinary actions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs all the duties of the Customer Service Representatives.
- Review daily bank deposits for accuracy.
- Maintains billing records, daily cash entries, and security deposits.
- Verifies cash drawer operation and receipts daily.
- Reviews billing and management of accounts to assure accuracy. Reviews and coordinates billing data with metering department in order to accurately render customer bills.
- Supervises the posting of payments and adjustments.
- Recommends improvements to the billing, collection and customer service systems to streamline customer service operations.
- Produces reports, tables, and statistics related to the Customer Care Department, as directed by the Director of Customer Care and/or the General Manager.
- Prepares work schedules, and expedites workflow.
- Conducts annual performance reviews for Customer Service Representatives and Collection Specialist. Recommends disciplinary action as necessary.
- Is responsible for safe and efficient operation of Customer Care Department.
- Handles all contact with customers and the public in a respectful and courteous manner.
- Performs any other duties assigned by the Director of Customer Care and/or the General Manager, including working in another Department under another job description if required and qualified.
SNEW offers a competitive salary plus a comprehensive benefit package. An application is available at South Norwalk Electric and Water, One State Street, Norwalk, CT 06854 or on the Employee Application link on our website at www.snew.org. Please email all applications to email@example.com. Applications must be submitted by December 3, 2020 for consideration. EOE
- December 03, 2020