South Norwalk Electric and Water (SNEW), a water and electric utility owned and operated by the Second Taxing District, Norwalk, Connecticut, is currently accepting applications for the following position:
DIRECTOR OF WATER OPERATIONS
The Director of Water Operations is a vital member of SNEW’s management team. The position is directly accountable to the General Manager, and is responsible for the complete operation, maintenance and construction of the water system, including the filtration plant, the watershed, dams, reservoirs, pumping stations, tanks, pipelines and other related facilities.
The Director of Water Operations shall be responsible for water quality as it relates to the
facilities under his/her control, and insures that all projects, improvements, operations, maintenance procedures and construction methods conform to proper current quality control, procedures and practices, and are consistent with water quality and service delivery goals.
- Bachelor’s degree engineering or related field, and seven (7) years significant job related experience, at least 3 in a supervisory capacity, in public water supply systems.
- A Master’s degree in science, business, or engineering is desirable.
- Technical knowledge of engineering, science, chemistry, and biology as pertaining to the maintenance of high water quality.
- Demonstrated history of managerial competence in both routine and emergency conditions.
- General knowledge of local political structures, regulation, environmental and wetlands requirements.
- Experience in the assessment of emergency conditions, and in making decisions to assure safe drinking water supply.
- Skill in preparing and maintaining an annual budget for an operational water department.
- Availability to be on-call 24 hours/day.
SNEW offers a competitive salary plus a comprehensive benefit package. The application is available at South Norwalk Electric and Water, One State Street, Norwalk, CT 06854, by emailing Hr@snew.org or on our Website at www.snew.org. Applications must be submitted by January 3, 2018 for consideration. EOE
- Water Operations
- January 03, 2018