SOUTH NORWALK ELECTRIC AND WATER
South Norwalk Electric and Water, a water and electric utility owned and operated by the Second Taxing District, Norwalk, Connecticut, is currently accepting applications for the following position:
Job Description: Primarily responsible for custodial and maintenance support in all offices and facilities operated by South Norwalk Electric & Water to ensure a clean, comfortable and safe environment.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Ability to perform all types of cleaning services such as vacuuming, cleaning of bathrooms, emptying trash, dusting desks and replenishing supplies as needed.
- Perform minor building repairs such as changing light bulbs and ballasts and painting walls, trim and ceilings as directed.
- Must be able to bend, reach and lift 100 lbs. or less on a daily basis.
- Set up chairs and conference tables for meetings.
- Organize and order office and cleaning supplies.
- Perform messenger service including mail pick up daily, bank runs, interoffice mail delivery and other errands as directed.
- Must be able to work independently with minimum supervision.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Valid Driver’s License with a clean driving record.
- Ability to communicate in English, both written and verbal.
SNEW offers a competitive salary plus a comprehensive benefit package. The application is available at South Norwalk Electric and Water, One State Street, Norwalk, CT 06854, or on our Website at www.snew.org. Applications must be submitted by July 9, 2019 for consideration. EOE
- July 09, 2019