SOUTH NORWALK ELECTRIC AND WATER
South Norwalk Electric and Water, a water and electric utility owned and operated by the Second Taxing District, Norwalk, Connecticut, is currently accepting applications for the following position:
The GIS Coordinator maintains the ESRI geographic information system for electric and water distribution, collects related field data, maintains AutoCAD CAD drawings, and works with engineering and IT on various utility projects. On average, 90%+ of time is spent in the office, with the remainder in our small local service territory.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages the company’s electric and water GIS systems.
- Manages the company’s electric and water CAD drawings.
- Edits water and electric distribution system records on the GIS, CAD, and other systems.
- Publishes web services and web maps containing GIS data for intranet websites and mobile applications.
- Performs field work consisting of locating and identifying utility equipment.
- Satisfies utility asset data requests.
- Assists in engineering, billing, and IT tasks.
- Handles all confidential information regarding customers, employees, former employees and impending policy changes with absolute discretion.
- Performs other miscellaneous duties as assigned.
- Strong technical knowledge of GIS, CAD and database systems.
- General knowledge of safety regulations.
- Ability to represent the company with good written and verbal communications skills, as well as public relation skills.
- Knowledge of office procedures and company policies.
- General knowledge of water distribution systems.
- General knowledge of electric distribution systems.
- General knowledge of electric metering systems.
- Ability to set priorities and handle more than one project at a time.
- Ability to interface well with all departments within the company.
- Ability to attend non-local conferences as necessary to keep current on new technology.
- Ability to represent the organization in a professional manner in meetings and in dealing with the public, contractors and staff.
- Ability to provide technical assistance to other departments and other utilities when necessary.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
- A valid Connecticut driver’s license
- High School Diploma
- Six (6) years’ utility experience with an understanding of complex plumbing systems, a knowledge of electric distribution systems, and the ability to maintain CAD and Geospatial mapping systems.
- An Associate’s Degree in science or engineering (may be substituted for (4) years of experience)
- Must be fluent in verbal and written English.
- Three (3) years’ experience with ESRI GIS such as ArcGIS Desktop, ArcGIS Pro, ArcGIS Server, and Portal for ArcGIS / ArcGIS Online.
- Experience with AutoCAD
- Experience with Microsoft Excel
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server
- Experience with NISC (National Information Solutions Cooperative) systems is a plus.
- GISP, ASPRS, and university GIS certifications and ESRI exams are a plus.
- Ability to locate and identify equipment in the field on foot and by vehicle.
SNEW offers a competitive salary plus a comprehensive benefit package including participation in the CMERS pension program. Applications can be found on our website at https://www.snew.org/jobs-rfp/careers/. Please email all applications to email@example.com. Applications must be submitted by February 2, 2022 for consideration or until position is filled. EOE
- February 02, 2022