SOUTH NORWALK ELECTRIC AND WATER
South Norwalk Electric and Water (SNEW) is a municipal electric and water utility owned and operated by the Second Taxing District, Norwalk, Connecticut. SNEW serves some 9,200 customers with water throughout Norwalk and surrounding areas. SNEW is currently accepting applications for the following position:
The Water Operations Manager is responsible for the operation and maintenance of the water treatment plant, pump stations, dams, tanks, hydrants, pipelines, and the investigation of customer-owned facility problems. The Water Operations Manager plans and organizes the daily operation and maintenance of the water system and assures that the treatment and distribution systems comply with Federal and State regulations. Qualifications include:
- High School diploma and ten (10) years’ water treatment plant and water distribution system experience with three (3) years conventional rapid sand filtration or membrane plant operations experience. An Associate’s Degree in the physical sciences or engineering may be substituted for four (4) years’ experience.
- Certification by the State of Connecticut as a Treatment Plant Operator IV and as a Distribution System Operator III, within three years of employment.
- The ability to apply a strong practical knowledge of electrical components and equipment, computerized automation and control technology, mechanical devices and control software to maintain and improve a fully automated, complex membrane water treatment plant and water distribution system components, including pump stations and water storage facilities.
- The ability to work well with others and have an interest in development of other employees.
- Be available during emergency situations which may include after-hours time or being on-call as needed.
- Maintain a high level of safety at all times
- Performs other duties as assigned
SNEW offers a competitive salary plus a comprehensive benefit package. An application packet is available at South Norwalk Electric & Water, One State Street, Norwalk, CT 06854, by emailing Hr@snew.org or on our Website at www.snew.org. Applications must be submitted by March 16, 2018 for consideration. EOE
- Water Operations
- March 16, 2018