Water Operator I
South Norwalk Electric and Water, a water and electric utility owned and operated by the Second Taxing District, Norwalk, Connecticut, is currently accepting applications for the following position:
WATER OPERATOR I
This gateway position is responsible for:
- monitoring the control system and operations for our water filtration and distribution system including preventive maintenance
- record keeping
- data entry
- facility and equipment
It is expected that this candidate will be trained and advance over time with increasing levels of responsibility, all training costs are covered by SNEW.
- High School diploma with strong math skills in algebra
- valid driver’s license with a good driving record
- ability to obtain a valid Connecticut Commercial Driver’s License (CDL), Class B (without restrictions E,G,L or R)
- ability to operate computer systems proficiently
- general knowledge and interest of mechanics, biology and chemistry
- candidate must be in good physical condition and have physical stamina to work in all weather conditions year round
- ability to obtain certification as a Treatment Plant Operator and Distribution Operator by the state of Connecticut
- must be fluent in English, both oral and written
- must be available for emergency call and on-call duty
- must live within 30 minutes commute to the Wilton filtration plant or the Water Street office in Norwalk
SNEW offers a competitive salary plus a comprehensive benefits package. An application packet is available at South Norwalk Electric & Water, One State Street, Norwalk, CT 06854 or applications can be found on our website on the Career Opportunities page.
Applications must be submitted by March 28, 2022 for consideration.
- Until Filled